June 10, 2013 PDI Conference in San Francisco Be sure and plan on joining us in San Francisco for our spring conference. The theme is "Fostering Resiliency, Agency and Advocacy in Early Childhood Teacher Candidates."
It will be held at the Union Square Hilton from 8-1:30 in conjunction with NAEYC PDI Conference June 9-11, 2013.
NAECTE members need to register for the NAEYC conference.
Please click here to view Fall 2013 Conference Call for Proposals.
2013 NAECTE AWARDS NOMINATIONS
NAECTE’s Awards Committee is accepting nominations for the following three awards for 2013:
• Early Childhood Teacher Educator Award
• Outstanding Dissertation Award
• Outstanding Early Childhood Practitioner Award
See descriptions of the awards, submission procedures, and nomination criteria under “Awards and Grants” in the left menu. The deadline for submission for the awards is April 20, 2013. All nominations and required materials must be submitted electronically (e-docs, either Word or PDF). Send all queries to Byran Korth or Angela Baum at
Foundation Launches New Advocacy Award
The NAECTE Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of an Advocacy Award. This award will be given for development of a position paper or advocacy project that addresses early childhood teacher education. The deadline for applications is June 1st. The application guidelines are posted on the Foundation webpage. Please have a look and consider either applying yourself or encouraging your colleagues to apply. If you have questions, please contact Chairperson Nancy Freeman at
Also, please consider supporting this new award with a contribution to the NAECTE Foundation. You may either complete the form on the Foundation Brochure and send to:
c/o Dr. Frances Rust, Treasurer
96 Round Hill Drive, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510
Or, complete the Online Donation Form and make your contribution using PayPal.
Winter 2013 Newsletter is now available. Please click the E-letters link on the left to view.
- To promote the professonal growth of our membership
- To discuss educational issues specific to our membership
- To advocate for improvements in early childhood teacher education
- Provide a forum for consideration of issues and concerns of interest to educators of early childhood teacher educators
- Provide a communication network for early childhood teacher educators
- Facilitate the interchange of information and ideas about research and practice
- Use, as vehicles, the Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, conferences, resolutions, position papers, and other publications
- Cooperate with other national and international organizations concerned with the study and education of young children